Section 1 - Confession of Faith
We believe in God the Father Almighty, Maker of heaven and earth: And in Jesus Christ His only Son, our Lord; who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, dead, and buried; (He descended into Hades); the third day He rose (again) from the dead; He ascended into heaven, and sitteth on the right hand of God the Father Almighty, from thence He shall come to judge the quick and the dead.
We believe in the Holy Spirit; the holy catholic (universal) Church, the communion of the saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and the life everlasting Amen
Section 2- Articles of Faith
1. We believe that the Bible, consisting of the 66 books of the Old and New Testaments, is God's Word; that it was written by men divinely and uniquely inspired; that it is absolutely trustworthy and has supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct. II Tim. 3: 16-17; II Pet. 1:20.
2. We believe in the Trinity of the Godhead; One God-eternally existing in three persons, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Matt. 28:19, II Cor. 13:14
3. We believe that Jesus Christ was begotten by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, and is true God and true Man. Matt. 1:23; Col. 2:9
4. We believe that man was created in the image of God; man sinned and thereby incurred not only physical death, but also spiritual death, which is separation from God, and all human beings are born with a human, sinful, nature. Rom. 3:23; Gen. 1:27
5. We believe that Jesus Christ died for our sins, according to the Scriptures, as a substitutionary sacrifice; and all who believe in Him are justified by His shed Blood. Rom. 5:9; John 3:16
6. We believe that all who receive by faith the Lord Jesus Christ are born again of the Holy Spirit, and thereby become children of God. John 1: 12, 13; I Pet, 1:23; Rom 8:14
7. We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ rose from the dead in the body in which He was crucified, that He ascended into Heaven, and that He lives in Heaven today in the same body in which He arose from the grave. John 20: 19 - 20; Acts 1:9,
8. We believe that Salvation is entirely and only by grace through faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, that no work of any description can in any way contribute to our salvation, but on the other hand, that good works are expected of those who are born again. Eph. 2:8-10
9. We believe in the personal, imminent, pre-tribulation and pre-millennial return of the Lord Jesus Christ; first, to catch up, unto Himself, the Church, and then to return to earth with His resurrected saints, to establish His Millennial Kingdom. John 14:3, 1 Thess. 4:13-18, Jude 14
10. We believe in the bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust; the everlasting blessedness of the saved, and the everlasting punishment of the lost. Rev. 20:12-15; John 5:28-29; Matt. 25:45
11. We believe in the one true Church, the body of Christ, composed of all who have been born again through faith in Christ Jesus, and only of such. As members of the one body, all members are united by the Holy Spirit to one another and all in Christ, who is the Head of the body, the Church. 1 Cor. 12; 12-13; Col. 1:18; Eph. 1:22-23; Eph. 4:25
12. We believe that there are movements (for example, the modem Ecumenical movement with such advocates as the National and World Council of Churches, and the Charismatic Movement, with the emphasis on the temporary sign gifts, especially tongues) which, we believe, are out of harmony with the Word of God and contrary to the official doctrine and position of Nute Ridge Bible Chapel: